The HAAT is the strongest Anti-Air unit in the game. It fires rounds of bullets that quickly destroy any mechs flying around in the area. It is perfect for keeping mechs away from heavily defended areas and outposts, especially when placed on a socket.
- HAAT bullets cannot be outrun or countered, unlike the rockets from a Seeker.
- Just one or two can stop bombing runs and flybys, especially with supporting mech fire.
- Is very expensive, so cannot be made in the early game.
- Only works as a defensive Anti-Air, ineffective for use during pushes.
- Works with strong turtle units such as Artillery and Repair units.
The HAAT, like other Anti-Air units, fires in bursts and then reloads. It only does 50% of its damage to AirMechs on the ground.