AirMech offers many different modes of play, most of which revolve around destroying the enemy's fortress. There are three main gamemodes, with multiple types of games to play in each mode.
- Versus (Practice): Solo version of PvP where you fight with and against the AI in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 2v3, 1v2, or 1v3.
- Warzone: Solo battle the legions of THE IRON HAND in a wide variety of war scenarios and rules variants.
- Challenges: Refine your piloting skills with timed micro-missions. 15 challenges help improve basic mechanics.
- Campaign: Refine your piloting skills more with mini-missions. 6 missions to help improve basic mechanics.
- Tutorial: Learn the basics of piloting, building, and destruction. Played when you first enter AirMech, it teaches how to control AirMechs and the main objectives in the game.
- Map Editor: Build and share your own Maps for any mode with these tools.
- Versus (Practice): Co-op version of PvP where you fight with another player against the AI in 2v2, 3v3, or 2v3.
- Warzone: With 2, 3, or 4 players, battle the legions of THE IRON HAND in a wide variety of war scenarios and rules variants.
- Unlimited: Fight against other players in 1v1 or 2v2. In this mode you are allowed to use Parts, Ultimates, and Pilot Training to gain an advantage.
- Skills: The ranked version of PvP, no parts or ultimates are allowed, just skill in 1v1 and 2v2. Weekly leaderbaords track this gamemode.
- Custom: Create your own specifications in 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 PvP and invite your friends to play with crazy rule sets or on custom player-created maps.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.