The Aegis is an anti-missile Turret unit. Rapidly fires a laser at incoming enemy missiles that has a 40% chance of shooting it down. Although it cannot attack ground or air units and mechs, it is the only unit that can engage enemy projectiles.
- Effective and controlling large numbers of enemy rockets.
- Gains +50% fire rate if placed on a Socket.
- Very fragile.
- Will eventually be overrun if left to shoot down missiles for too long.
- Cannot attack enemy units or mechs.
- Aegis in most cases should only be brought if you know your opponents loadout and it consists of many rocket-firing units, or a Helix.
- Handy against Bucky or Seeker.
The Aegis is a laser-guided point-defense turret that only targets incoming enemy rockets and missiles. This includes rockets and missiles fired from Seekers,T99s, T45s, SAMs, Buckys, Helixes and Strikers.
The Aegis is a remedy to Seeker and Bucky in which the enemy builds a large number of Seekers or Buckies to prevent you from harassing their armies and/or outposts. To someone without an Aegis, it may be somewhat difficult to outrun, outmaneuver, or shoot down every missile launched, so building an Aegis or two gives you some security in contested areas.
The Aegis can be used to support your pushes. The long range of Aegis means it can shoot down missiles from a distance. It's a good idea to push with an Aegis if any of the aforementioned scenarios exist on the enemy's defense. Doing so can make your workload much smaller.